Monday, December 29, 2008

Hearing test

So, today we took Karli in for a second hearing test with the Lake County Health Department. She received her first test at school about 2 weeks ago and I received a letter explaining she had failed the hearing test (it was for both hearing and vision) and we needed to set up another screening. Karli again failed with her right ear on two separate frequencies 500 and 1000 hertz in the 25-30 decibel range. Basically, she is right on the acceptable/unacceptable line, but with two frequencies missing she needed to be referred to her pediatrician for a follow up to see if there is any fluid in her ears, etc. I should have known when I felt the searing pain of her birth via c-section that she would not be an easy child. First, it was her peanut, tree nut, egg allergy diagnosis in the early part of last year and now it will be taking her in for ear screenings, etc. in the early part of this year. I guess no one said parenting was easy!

Tomorrow the boys will get their day with a movie with Casey and Cameron and a sleep over. Sometimes I feel they get left out due to Karli's needy nature and "special" issues.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey, I'm praying for Karli (and for you) thru this. Hoping it turns out to be very minor and she will be her normal, happy self! Kelly liked their picture by the tree. I told her she made your blog... again! :)