Monday, November 3, 2008

Pre-school volunteering


I forgot to post about my morning with Karli's pre-school class last Thursday for their Halloween party (yes, in Catholic pre-school they can still call it a "Halloween party") and sing-along. First of all, kudos to all of you who have chosen to teach for a living. I was in class for 2 1/2 hours and was exhausted. Those kids can run you ragged! I had one little girl, Julia, come up and hug my leg for no reason at all. Then I noticed she was hugging all of the volunteer moms' legs, so I wasn't anything special. Karli was her usual "home" self at school which surprised the teacher and teacher's aide. The normally "agreeable" pre-school Karli brought her disagreeable home personality for all to see. Needless to say I made it through to morning and couldn't wait to come home to take a nap.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey, I love the family photo on top, very cute! Yeah for all the volunteer moms! You are very few and far between anymore. Glad you survived and I only choose to believe in the sweet, adorable Karli, I don't think this other Karli really exists. :) Just a figment of her mother's imagination! (he he)